my 15 month baby not walking
Parents are often concerned about their babies not walking after a certain age. There can be many reasons.
I will list the top reasons and remedies for my 15 month baby not walking.
- Is your child taking proper feed. This is the first thing you have to look at. The child should be consistently fed after every 2-3 hours. Lack of proper nutrition can cause weakness in bones.
- What are you giving your child to eat. If you are just giving formula till 15 months it is not good for your child. As soon as your child gets 8-9 months start giving them solid foods. Foods that have high calcium and nutrition.
- Is you family always busy and you keep your child on his bed. Well this can be a reason for his delayed walk.
- Both high muscle tone (hypertonia) and low muscle tone (hypotonia) can make walking difficult. If muscle tone is too low, a child will have a hard time gaining balance and control over gravity because her limbs are floppy. If his/her muscle tone is higher than average, or if few muscle groups are overactive, she may have stiff limbs and a hard time sustaining balance.
- Well the walking of babies depends on the effort put by the parents as well. How much effort are you doing to help your baby walk ?
The remedies for my 15 month baby not walking.
- Have you already bought a walker. If not you are already late and buy a good walker. Walker assisted walk will help your kid to get used to putting pressure on his feet.\
- Are you massaging the your child daily. You can use natural oils like Dabur Lal oil to massage you toddler. Start doing it from the first month itself. It will really help your child to strengthen his bones and joints.
- Spend time with your child. Do not pick him up when he is crying and signalling you to pick him up. Instead try to put them on walker and engage them in games and make them walk.
- Well when you are giving them feed put them in walker and keep the bottle at some distance so that he walks to the bottle. Hunger can make anyone do some extra effort.
- As soon as your child start using walker then, put the walker aside and make hem walk using your support.
- Daily make them walk with your assistance and increase 1 step a day without your assistance. This way within a weeks time he will start walking.
- Make sure you keep the nutrition intact while you are making him walk. Feed him pulses, fiber rich foods, oats and fruits. Reduce the formula milk feed after 12 months.
- The most important thing is the right choice of shoes. In summer use sandals and in winter use shoes that are not too tight nor too lose. They should be comfortable. For my kid I bought Sandals with a air beep sound. So whenever he use to put pressure on his foot the sound of beep made him take another step. So I would strongly recommend buying beeping sandals.
- Give your child a lightweight child’s chair that he can push around and hang on to for balance.
Tags: Baby wont walk, remedies for baby walking, child not walking, reasons child not walking.